Holiday menus aren't suited for your training needs, are usually packed with calories, and will make you "gobble till you wobble" as some may say. With Winter coming and chilly nights already here, we find ourselves wanting that chicken pot pie, mashed potatoes with gravy, or anything that fits the seasonal menu to keep us warm and toasty.
However, those same holiday comfort foods tend to pack on the pounds and stray us away from our training needs and goals. That's why we love this simple butternut squash soup (with added collagen) that's light and nutritious to keep you on your toes.
Perfect for the season and chilly nights! This creamy butternut squash soup will warm your bones while keeping your fit goals on track.
- Butternut Squash
- ½ Large yellow onion
- 2 Celery Ribs
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 4 Scoops ATH Collagen
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Peel, seed, and dice Butternut Squash
- Dice onion and celery
- Peel and dice carrot
- Peel, core, and dice apple
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add onion, celery, and carrot to the heated oil and stir occasionally. Cook until all ingredients have softened.
4. Add garlic and continue stirring.
5. Add apple cider vinegar. Stir
6. Add butternut squash, apple, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to the pot. Let cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add 4 cups of chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat, cover pot, and simmer for 1 hour.
9. Use an immersion blender to blend all ingredients until smooth. Add ATH Collagen and blend once more.
**Salt and Pepper to taste while serving.