Thanksgiving is just days away and while some are busy brining and stuffing their birds...we're excited about this salty and savory Rib Eye Roast that will be a pleasant surprise for your Thanksgiving squad.
The holidays can be rough on one's diet and nutrition, thats why we're keeping it KETO this year, leaving the stuffing behind, and digging right into this mouth-watering rib eye. As a bonus, the added collagen will give you the protein you need to stay on track and crush your goals.
Serve it up with some cauliflower mash and roasted broccoli and you'll have not only a delicious meal, but a nutritious one as well.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook time 1 hour 30 mins
Total Time 1 hour 45 mins
- 3lbs boneless Rib Eye Roast
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Rosemary
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Thyme
- ¼ cup chopped Garlic
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup of Beef-Stock
- 4 scoops ATH Collagen
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix rosemary, garlic, thyme, and 2 tbsp. of avocado oil. Combine, stir, and let sit for later.
3. Generously season your roast with salt and pepper.
4. Tie roast with natural kitchen twine.
5. In a large cast iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of avocado oil on medium heat, when the oil is hot, sear all sides of the roast to ensure a nice salted crust.
6. Remove skillet from heat and brush the garlic-herb mixture over all parts of the roast.
7. Place skillet on the middle rack of your oven and let cook for 1 hour.
8. Saute mushrooms over medium heat with 2 tbsp. butter until cooked soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Check temperature at the 1 hour mark. If your meat thermometer reads 135 F (medium-rare) take skillet out and let meat rest for 10 minutes. If your thermometer reads below 130 F, place skillet back in the oven and continue cooking in 10 minute increments.
10. Remove roast from the skillet and set aside.
11. Using the skillet that the roast was cooked in, add beef-stock and simmer over low heat until all drippings have lifted and created a light gravy. Add mushrooms and remaining butter. Let simmer for 5 mins. Add ATH Collagen and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
12. Place roast on your serving platter. Spoon the mushroom gravy over your roast and garnish with platter with extra rosemary and garlic.