BEST PRE WORKOUT
Pre-workout supplements are designed to energize workouts, increase mental clarity, and help you push through your toughest sessions.
Whether you’re looking for the best pre-workout for men, the best pre-workout for women, weight loss, running, etc. the key lies in the ingredients.
WHAT IS PRE WORKOUT?
- Improve Athletic Performance
- Increase Intensity
- Improve Maximum Output
- Boost Energy Levels
- Improve Focus
WHEN TO TAKE PRE WORKOUT
Hence the name, pre-workout supplements are designed to be consumed 20-30 minutes before your workout.
Supplementing with pre-workout will send energy to your muscles, support your time to fatigue, improve oxygen utilization, and provide your body with sustained energy to complete your workout.
HOW TO USE PRE WORKOUT
- Mix one serving of your pre-workout with 8-10 oz. of cold water.
- Drink 20-30 minutes before your training session.
- Dry scoop your pre-workout powder by scooping one serving from your pre-workout jar, empty it into your mouth, and wash it down with a sip of water.
- The “dry scoop” is ideal for athletes that also drink an intra workout supplement so that they are not full of liquid during their workout.
- Ideal for times that you’re on the go and forget your pre-workout powder at home.
- Energy chews usually come in single-serving packages in a range of fruit flavors.
- Take one serving with 8-10 oz. of your drink of choice.
- Similar to energy chews, pre-workout energy drinks are also convenient when you’re on the go.
- Energy drinks come in single servings and can be bought at local convenience stores or even in your gym’s cafe area.
- Energy drinks come in a range of fruit flavors.
SHOULD I USE A PRE WORKOUT
BEST PRE WORKOUT INGREDIENTS
Cordyceps, Reishi, King Trumpet, Shitake, Lion’s Mane, and Turkey Tail are the best adaptogenic mushrooms to support your training.
Clinically proven to improve oxygen utilization, reduce blood lactate levels and increase time to fatigue, adaptogenic mushrooms can improve your aerobic capacity, increase endurance, and leave you with sustained energy to power through your workouts.
Carbohydrates often get a bad rap -- but did you know that carbohydrates are the body’s most preferred source of energy to increase metabolism and send energy to your muscles.
Smart carbohydrates, such as Palatinose which is derived from beets, can provide your body with sustained energy without spiking your blood glucose levels.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are concentrated fats that deliver a much faster source of energy than most fats and have numerous health benefits.
In addition to a sustained energy source without a crash and jitters, many athletes use MCTs to support mental clarity and sharpness. The key to MCTs being able to act as a sustained energy source is the fact that they require minimal steps to convert into caloric energy in the form of Ketones.
Ketones are one of the brain's two primary energy sources, and also a key source of ATP energy which your muscles use for fuel.
Typically used for culinary purposes, turmeric has been gaining popularity in the supplement industry. Known for its vibrant color, turmeric benefits also include boosting exercise performance and muscle recovery.
Turmeric helps to support your joints and reduce inflammation that can be caused by high-intensity exercise. Packed with antioxidants, pre-workouts that contain turmeric help you get a head start on your recovery.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has also been shown to support cardiovascular systems, reduce muscle damage, increase antioxidant capacities, and improve exercise performance.
BEST NATURAL PRE WORKOUT
Natural pre-workout and natural energy supplements are made up of clean ingredients like Green Tea, Yerba Mate, and Ginseng, which are consumed to give you long-lasting energy without the crash and jitters that are typically contributed to artificial or stimulant-based pre-workouts.
A natural pre-workout, such as ATH PRE, is known to take a different approach to the traditionally high stimulant-based pre-workouts that have saturated the market.
Athletes and individuals alike that are looking for stimulant-free pre-workouts should look for a natural pre-workout that has clean caffeine, adaptogens, and high-quality carbohydrates.
ATH PRE 2.0 BENEFITS
Improved Mental Clarity and Focus
NO Crash, Jitters, or Itch
BEST PRE WORKOUT FOR RUNNING
- Natural Caffeine - Look for Yerba Mate and Green Tea for clean and sustained energy.
- Carbohydrates - Palatinose, a smart carbohydrate sourced from beets to provide fuel to your muscles.
- Adaptogens - Cordyceps, Reishi, King Trumpet, Shitake, Lion’s Mane, and Turkey Tail are the best adaptogenic mushrooms to support VO2 Max Support and mental clarity.
- Turmeric - Supports healthy joints and reduces inflammation to support a runner’s lifestyle and kickstart recovery.
BEST PRE WORKOUT FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- Green Tea - Contains natural substances like caffeine and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) that have been shown to improve exercise, aid in fat burning, and improve metabolism.
- Yerba Mate - Also a natural substance, Yerba Mate increases energy levels, boosts metabolism, and uses stored fat as fuel for energy -- which aids in overall weight loss.
- Ginseng - Used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine, ginseng increases weight loss, delays fat absorption, and alters the way fat is formed.
BEST PRE WORKOUT FOR PUMP
- L-citrulline: 6-8 grams
- L-arginine 3-6 grams
- Betaine 2.5 grams