High Protein Cinnamon Rolls
These are quite arguably the best cinnamon rolls your lips will ever touch...and your hips won't mind so much either!!
Who doesn't love cinnamon rolls?! Especially delicious rolls, with PROTEIN!
Swap out those ready to bake rolls, for these protein packed rolls that'll leave you feeling less guilty and more protein-y.
Is that a word? Well, we just made it one.
Check it out and get baking!
- 2 1/2 cups of Flour*
- 3 Heaping Scoops of ATH Cinnamon Cereal BUILD
- 3/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar**
- 4 oz. Light Whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Oat Milk***
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, coconut oil, oat milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Whisk icing ingredients together until its consistency is silky smooth.
- Put the icing in the refrigerator until your cinnamon rolls are ready to be served.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, cinnamon, and brown sugar for the cinnamon roll filling. Combine well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, Cinnamon Cereal Build, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well until all dry ingredients are combined.
- Add greek yogurt and coconut oil to your dry mixture. Combine well.
- Sprinkle your clean counter surface area with flour to avoid dough sticking.
- Take the dough out of the large mixing bowl and roll it into a ball. Place dough ball in the middle of your counter area. Sprinkle more flour on top.
- Gently roll out dough until it forms a 9x12 rectangle. (roughly)
- Sprinkle filling mixture evenly amongst the dough. Gently pat filling mixture into dough.
- Roll dough into a cylinder shape and slice into 1 inch thick rolls.
- Grease your baking pan with coconut oil and place rolls 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- Take cinnamon rolls out of the oven and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle icing over hot cinnamon rolls and serve hot.
*Flour can be substitute for Whole Wheat or Oat Flour. This recipe will not work with almond or coconut flour.
**Light Brown sugar can be substituted appropriately with your sweetener of choice.
***Oat Milk can be substituted for your milk of choice.